Sports & Athletes
Most people associate compression socks with medical and venous conditions. However, they are also incredibly beneficial for athletes and runners at any level.
Benefits of Compression socks for runners and athletes:
- Increased circulation and improved blood flow
- Increases Oxygen to the working muscles and tissues
- Less lactic acid buildup which is responsible for that heavy, fatigued feeling and leg cramps
- Reduces swelling and pain in the lower leg associated with pulled muscles and muscle tears
- Injury prevention - Protects joints, ligaments and tendons to reduce the incidence of shin splints & calf cramps
How compression socks decrease recovery time:
- High tech fibres provide support for feet, ankles, the Achilles tendon, calves and legs while the graduated pressure helps improve circulation in your legs and muscles. This allows for faster recovery, better performance and reduced muscle fatigue.
- By flushing out lactic acid from the calf muscles, athletes will experience a faster recovery time allowing them to get on with their training sooner with decreased muscle soreness and increased comfort during play.
Why Dr. Segal’s Compression socks?
- Dr’ Segal’s Sock Technology comes with anti-Microbial and silver-ion wash that provide effective odor and stain protection as well as moisture-wicking technology to keep you dry and fresh throughout your exercise.
- Our compression socks are available in several fashionable colors and prints to match your style. Browse our men’s and women's everyday collection (15-20mmHg) that provides the right compression level for athletic wear.