How to Choose A Compression Level
The principle of compression therapy is to exert controlled and graduated pressure on the limbs. Different levels of compression are used depending on the severity of leg discomfort and degree of venous disease.
15-20 mmHg – MILD COMPRESSION
Perfect for travelers, pregnant moms and those who sit or stand all day our MILD COMPRESSION (15-20 mmHg) socks provide fast relief for anyone experiencing tired, achy legs or mild swelling. Easy to put on, stylish and effective our ENERGY socks will keep your legs looking and feeling great all day.
Dr. Segal's Everyday Collection for men and women offers the following benefits:
- Helps relieve tired, aching legs and minor swelling of foot, ankle or leg
- Helps prevent and relieve minor to moderate varicose and spider veins
- Helps prevent varicose and spider veins during pregnancy
- Helps prevent DVT’s (deep vein thrombosis) or blood clots
- Used in post-sclerotherapy treatment to help prevent the reappearance of varicose veins and spider veins
- Ideal compression level used for those traveling long distances
20-30 mmHg – MODERATE COMPRESSION
- Helps prevent and relieve moderate to severe Varicose Veins
- Helps in the treatment of moderate to severe Edema or Lymphatic Edema
- Used in post-surgical and post- Sclerotherapy treatment to help prevent the reappearance of Varicose & Spider Veins
- Treats Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Helps prevent and treat DVT’s (deep vein thrombosis)
- Helps with management of active ulcers
- Helps relieve Superficial Phlebitis
*Please talk to your physician to see which level of compression might be right for you.